12 February 2019
09:30 am - 17:15 pm
This event will take place in the Sorby Suite – Novotel, Sheffield
This one day workshop run by two ex-BBC journalists is intended for researchers and academics who want to get their research into the general media, or explain their work to non-academic audiences in a variety of contexts.
Learn what the media wants, how to identify and present “media-friendly” elements in your research, how to formulate key messages and deal with difficult questions in interviews. Interactive throughout, culminating in an on-camera interview.
Learn how to…
- Be able to communicate research to non-specialist audiences.
- Be able to turn your research into a media story and “pitch” it to the media.
- Be able to deliver your own agenda in an interview.
- Master techniques for taking control of the interview and for answering difficult or hostile questions.
- Gain confidence in giving interviews to print/online media, radio and TV.