1 July 2019
09:30 am - 16:30 pm
This event will take place at the University of York
This one-day workshop is being facilitated by Josie Dixon, Publishing and Research Training Consultant with Lucian Consulting
Why publish, and where to publish?
- Reasons for writing (and reasons for others to read your work)
- Choosing the right journal
What journal editors look for
- What are their criteria, and how will you meet them?
Addressing your readership
- Context, genre and level
- UK and international readerships
- What’s in it for the reader?
- First impressions and avoiding clichés
- Stylistic principles
Presenting a scholarly argument
- Making claims with confidence
- Case studies and their larger implications
- Use of secondary scholarship
The peer-review process
- Readers’ reports, revision and acceptance
- The production process – implications for what you submit
- Copyright issues
- The afterlife of your article online
This event is not taking bookings yet but if you would like to express your interest please email the WRoCAH office.